Based in Chicago, Illinois
April 1, 2014
Press / Business contact:
TheWzzard is the work of John Bohnert, a musician and game developer focused on mechanics experimentation, lean aesthetics, and simple control schemes.
HistoryIn the beginning
A classically trained music technologist and multimedia artist, John Bohnert inadvertently began his game design education while attempting to play and stream 5 games a week on Twitch. Already well versed in dataflow programming John started doing game dev tutorials during his down time while working at a call center and soon found himself investing more and more time into design and development, participating in a number of game jams and working on other projects as well.Recently
Since 2014 TheWzzard has released several games of varying size including the single screen action shooter Master Brain & Protectobot, frantic high fiving puzzler High Fiverer: The High Fivening, infinite procedural arcade schmup The Secret World of Arcade Repair, dual control top down action puzzler Ruby & Majesty: Treasure Team, Lovecraftian rhythm game Eldritch Trance, and infinite exploration platformer Glaring.
There are currently no trailers available for TheWzzard. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for TheWzzard, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Volunteers of IndieCade's CommunityJam15 for Ruby & Majesty: Treasure Team" - September 20, 2015
- "#3 in Best of GameJolt 2015 for Ruby & Majesty: Treasure Team" - January 8, 2016
- "What sounded like a chore pleasantly gave me a good ride in what is a smart puzzle game with a streamlined design."
- John "Honno" Cena, GameJolt: Fireside
- "... Ruby & Majesty: Treasure Team also impresses with it’s charming pixel art animation, excellent soundtrack and playful dialogue. A well crafted pixel art puzzler that doesn’t take itself too seriously."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "This one is a trippy, two button rhythm game."
- Lena LeRay, IndieGames.com
- "It is like a defanged Neko Atsume, stripping out the microtransactions, fish economy and endless waiting and replacing them with deep holes, shifting platforms and relaxing electronic beats. "
- Brendan Caldwell, Rock Paper Shotgun
TheWzzard on Soundcloud
Hear more of the sounds of TheWzzard at soundcloud.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Programmer, Game Design, Music, Sound Design